Conference Date: Saturday, March 30, 2019
Submission Deadline: February 22, 2019
The Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures and the Department of History at the University of North Texas are hosting a German and Russian Undergraduate Research Conference. The purpose of this conference is to provide students interested in German and Russian language, literature, culture, and history an opportunity to present their research and creative projects in an academic setting. It is open to students in all disciplines who have a research or creative project related to the German-speaking and Russian-speaking countries.
The conference will take place at the UNT Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures: 108 Avenue A, Denton, Texas 76201.
There are three possible presentation formats:
- Oral Presentation: A 15-minute oral presentation which will be followed by discussion. Oral presentations will be organized into panels of 3 presentations.
- E-Poster Session: Poster presentations consist of a Power Point presentation highlighting the key aspects of the research topic at hand and outlining the conclusions reached. Presenters stand by their e-posters and answer questions about their research.
- Creative Performance: In this category, students are welcome to submit creative works (including print and digital media) or short performance pieces.
Participation is open to all undergraduate students. Undergraduates who have taken advanced German and Russian courses (3000 and 4000 level) are encouraged to do their presentations/posters in German and Russian respectively.
In order to participate, please submit a 250-word description of the project in the language in which it will be presented, along with the application form (containing the signature of the faculty mentor) to the conference organizers no later than February 22, 2019:
- Dr. Christoph Weber at email@example.com (German)
- Dr. Olga Velikanova at firstname.lastname@example.org (Russian History and Political Science)
- Dr. Tatiana Filosofova at email@example.com (Russian language, culture, literature, and folklore)