We recognize that many students at the university speak languages other than those we teach. We cannot offer credit in those languages, but many academic programs will allow students to demonstrate proficiency in order to fulfill their language requirement. We do not verify the requirements of other programs, but we can connect you with resources to be tested in the language you speak, so you may have your requirement waived with your advisor's consent.
If you wish to demonstrate your knowledge of a language with the proficiency testing option, you will be required to take a test to determine your level of proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
Please note the following:
- Our contact list of volunteer language testers changes depending on the testers' availability. Because all testers are volunteers, we can make no guarantees about their availability to administer tests.
- The proficiency test may only be taken one time in each language.
- Students should plan to be tested early in their academic careers, so that they are certain to fulfill any language requirements prior to applying for graduation.
- Processing of the results typically takes ~4-6 weeks.
- Testers may charge a fee at their discretion for administering the test.
- To inquire whether a particular language has a volunteer tester, please email email@example.com
In the past, we have had volunteer testers that included languages such as: